Child Protection Sub-Sector Technical Liaison OfficerContractual Posted 3 months ago Expired -122 days ago Apply before: May 23, 2023
E-Zone HRM Limited is a management consulting group providing one-stop solutions to clients who seek improved and sustainable profitability through the effective use of their people and resources. We specialize in delivering innovative and value-added services that promote revenue growth and cost containment.
E-Zone HRM Limited has a formal agreement with one of the United Nations agencies to provide outsourcing services under a third-party contract.
E-Zone HRM Limited is now accepting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the following vacancies under third party outsourcing contract modality:
Child Protection Sub-Sector Technical Liaison Officer
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Contract Type: Contract with E-Zone.
Contract Start Date: 21 May 2023
Reporting to: Child Protection Manager CXB
A. Objectives and Purposes:
The eZone contract is urgently required as a liaison point between UN AGENCY and the Child Protection Sub-Sector (CPSS). The eZone contract will ensure a strong coordination and technical link between UN AGENCY and the CPSS to advance the CPHA agenda in the Rohingya camps and host communities where children are exposed to chronic abuse, violence and exploitation, and the ongoing risk of natural hazards. The eZone contract will ensure that the CPSS is well-resourced technically and will focus on critical deliverables related to the role of CP Focal Points and the functionality of camp-level systems to link and facilitate children’s access to services.
The CPSS is the coordination body for child protection in Cox’s Bazar. The CPSS ensures specific, child-focused technical expertise, visibility, and leadership within the refugee response; working closely with the GBV Sub-Sector as part of the overarching Protection Sector. The CPSS comprises more than 30 government and non-government partners.
Cox’s Bazar is one of the world’s largest refugee crises with chronic child protection needs. Sector coordination is a dynamic, fast-paced working environment that requires knowledgeable and experienced teams able to deliver quickly, efficiently, and effectively. The current staff organogram allows for one Coordinator P4/FT and one Information Management Officer NOB/TA.
C. Scope of Work:
The eZone contract will provide a vital coordination and technical link between UN AGENCY and the CPSS and ensure that Child Protection Focal Points and other key stakeholders in the camps are able to fulfill their role effectively.
D. Tasks and Schedules
The assignment is for an initial 3 months with the following tasks:
1. Strengthen field-level coordination with Child Protection Focal Points, Protection Focal Points, GBV Focal Points, and other relevant actors
· Establish clear communication channels that facilitate regular exchange of information between CPFPs in the field
· Define and clarify the roles and responsibilities of CPFPs to ensure that everyone understands their responsibilities and is working towards the same goals.
· Foster a team-oriented cultureamong CPFPs that values teamwork, collaboration and mutual support. Encourage them to work together, share ideas and learn.
· Monitor and evaluate progress to ensure coordination is on track and making progress towards objectives
· Regularly contact and mentor CPFP’s and report any significant issues or observations from the field
2. Develop and roll out capacity-building initiatives for CPSS partners and CPFPs
· Identify capacity-building needs among CPSS partners and CPFPs using a systematic approach, including needs assessment.
· Design and develop training objectives and training materials
· Deliver, monitor and evaluate training and provide follow-up support as required
3. Support emergency preparedness and response
· Support CPFPs with emergency preparation and response by providing training on emergency action plans, community-level action plan and ensure messages are disseminated to the community through proper channels
· Make sure CPFPs are part of the disaster management committee and bring inputs and a child protection lens to the community-level action plan
· Support CPSS partners and CPFPs on emergency coordination during fires, floods or any other emergency.
E. Reporting and Deliverables
The eZone contract will report to the UN AGENCY Child Protection Manager P4, with 2nd reporting line to the CPSS Coordinator P4.
The eZone contract will submit a written report every month focusing on progress.
· Field-level coordination with relevant Focal Points strengthened
· Communication channels with regular exchange of information established and effective
· Roles and responsibilities of CPFPs clearly defined and clarified
· Team-work among CPFPs fostered maximum effectiveness in reaching common goals
· Progress towards objectives closely monitored and evaluated
· Significant issues or observations from the field fed back to the CPSS coordinator and IMO
· Capacity-building needs of CPSS partners and CPFPs assessed; materials and training developed and rolled out
· CPFPs’ emergency preparation is in place
· Advocacy materials related to child protection are in line with global guidelines and standards
Compensation and Other Benefits
F. Profile Requirements Qualification Skills:
· University degree in one of the following fields: child protection, social work, development, human rights, sociology, law; or in another relevant field
· Minimum two years of professional experience in child protection
· Minimum two years of professional experience in humanitarian coordination
· Excellent knowledge of CPHA, including training packages, materials, and other products
· Proven experience in training and capacity building
· Excellent knowledge of the Rohingya refugee response, including coordination architecture
G. Consultancy Cost:
· Consultants will receive a remuneration of 210,000 BDT per month based on deliverables (includes consultancy fee and lumpsum travel costs)
· Consultant will be responsible to pay all taxes as per government rules and regulations. E-Zone will make statutory deductions towards income tax as per government rules and regulations
H. Administrative Issues:
UN AGENCY will provide laptop, SIM card, workspace and vehicle for official business as required.
This position is open for Bangladeshi Nationals only. All candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds can apply for the vacancies. Candidates are requested to apply with an update CV (not more than two-pages) mentioning academic background, experiences and skills given in the ToR and cover letter (preferably one page) highlighting the motivational factors for applying and suitability of the candidature for the position. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test. The successful candidates will be interviewed for selection. Selected candidates will be requested to join as soon as possible.
The UN Agency prides itself as fostering a multicultural and harmonious work environment, guaranteed by a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected consultants will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photographby email to:
Last Date of Application: May 23, 2023
Please mention the Applied Position Name on the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates
will be contacted. All applications will be treated according to the merit and
with strict confidentiality.