National Consultant (System Developer for BDRIS) (1) - NOBContractual Posted 4 months ago Expired -139 days ago Apply before: May 6, 2023
E-Zone HRM Limited is a management consulting group providing one-stop solutions to clients seeking improved and sustainable profitability through effectively using their people and resources. We deliver innovative and value-added services that promote revenue growth and cost containment.
E-Zone HRM Limited has a formal agreement with one of the United Nations agencies to provide outsourcing services under a third-party contract.
E-Zone HRM Limited is now accepting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the following vacancies under third party outsourcing contract modality:
National Consultant (System Developer for BDRIS) (1) - NOB
Duty Station: Dhaka-Office of Registrar General for Birth and Death Registration and field mission to all over the country including at Cox’s Bazar.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Contract Type: Contract with E-Zone
Contract Start Date: 15th May 2023
Reporting to: Child Protection Specialist, Child Protection Section of UN Agency Bangladesh
The purpose of this assignment is to support the Office of Registrar General for Birth and Death Registration:
· To upgrade the current system for birth and death registration to make it user-friendly and more efficient.
· To roll out training with local government representatives, local registrars, and other key relevant stakeholders.
Birth registration is part of the fundamental rights of every human being and provides the legal identity and documentation warranted to every individual. Birth registration offers the right to nationality, school admission, health care, and access to different services like banking, issuance of national passports, property ownership, and voting rights. These statistics are critical to national planning and provide the best source of the denominator for all population-based targets and indicators.
UN Agency supports the Office of Registrar General (ORG) for Birth and Death Registration in Bangladesh to strengthen the birth registration system as well as to promote and create demand for the service within 45 days of the birth of children. Currently, the ORG developed a new online birth and death registration information system to simplify business processes and better data management. It is a web-based software to manage data centrally. UN Agency is supporting the ORG to make the system user-friendly and efficient. The ORG’s system needs to be linked with other databases such as the vaccination database under EPI, a database of pregnant and lactating mothers, and an education database. These linkages will leverage the rate of birth registration within 45 days of birth as it will not require additional effort from service providers as well as parents will not have to visit local registration offices several times to do registration. In addition, UN Agency is also supporting the ORG to build the capacity of the user of the system and other key stakeholders at the local level for smooth registration. The consultants to be hired under this TOR will support the ORG in developing the system based on the guideline and instructions from the ORG and UN Agency.
C. Objectives, Purpose, and Expected Results:
The consultant will start working from 15th May 2023 to 14th May 2024 (12 months). She or He is expected to work directly with the ORG and bring changes in the system as per the instruction from the ORG and UNICEF. In addition to this, the consultants will support the ORG in organizing and conducting training with Local Government Representatives, Local Registrars, and other key relevant stakeholders at the local level.
· Develop new and existing features under the guideline and supervision of the ORG IT Team.
· Add new APIs if needed.
· Develop BDRIS User management Security and Layer System.
· Develop application-level cluster system.
· Develop more filtering facilities on BDRIS running system.
· Prepare software documentation.
· Develop different types of tools according to the process plan/structure.
· Support upgradation of the BDRIS
· Support to establish linkage of the BDRIS with other relevant databased under the health and education sector
· Support to roll out of local-level training with Local Government Representatives, Local Registrars, and other key relevant stakeholders
E. Consultancy Cost:
1. The Consultant will get BDT 225,000.00 monthly as a consolidated package.
2. Consultant will be responsible for paying all taxes as per government rules and regulations. E-Zone will make statutory deductions towards income tax as per government rules and regulations.
F. Administrative Issues:
Ø The consultants will report to the Child Protection Specialist, UN Agency, and the ORG to submit the deliverables outlined under-reporting requirement.
Ø For payment by E-Zone on due time, the Supervisor will forward the certified attendance sheet and confirmation of receiving expected deliverables for the respective period.
Ø If the consultant required to travel outside their duty station, prior approval will be required, then travel and DSA costs will be reimbursed at actuals.
Compensation and Other Benefits
G. Profile Requirements & Qualification Skills:
· Minimum BSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Science Engineering from a reputed university.
· At least 5 years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
· Real experience in registration and service software (Preferable in Civil Registration).
· Sound knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and SOLID design principles.
· Excellent knowledge of relational databases, schema design, NoSQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL Server, ORACLE, MongoDB, etc.
· Experience developing applications, API using popular web frameworks, Spring framework, .Net framework, Java-scripting framework, ORM technologies, JPA, Hibernate, microservice, Entity-Framework, integration, etc.
· Experience using version control, IDE, IIS, Tomcat, etc.
· Experience in developing secured high scalability and reliable software systems.
· Sound knowledge of Server, Database, application security, data privacy, and the confidentiality of Government databases.
· Experience in developing secured high scalability, reliability, and Application level cluster facility software systems.
This position is open for Bangladeshi Nationals only. All candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic background can apply for the vacancies.
The UN Agency prides itself on fostering a multicultural and harmonious work environment, guaranteed by a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected consultants will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, and recent PP-size photograph by email to:
Last Date of Application: 6th May 2023
Please mention the Applied Position Name in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates
will be contacted. All applications will be treated according to merit and
with strict confidentiality.