Media Relations ConsultantContractual Posted 5 months ago Expired -141 days ago Apply before: May 4, 2023
E-Zone HRM Limited is a management consulting group providing one-stop solutions to clients seeking improved and sustainable profitability through effectively using their people and resources. We deliver innovative and value-added services that promote revenue growth and cost containment.
E-Zone HRM Limited has a formal agreement with one of the United Nations agencies to provide outsourcing services under a third-party contract.
E-Zone HRM Limited is now accepting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the following vacancies under third party outsourcing contract modality
To support UN AGENCY media relations and other communication
UN AGENCY works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UN AGENCY has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UN AGENCY believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. The UN AGENCY Bangladesh Communication Section significantly supports donor-funded projects on public financing for children, universal health coverage, and immunization. The current staff capacity cannot meet these targeted and time-defined project-related demands.
High-quality media relations and communication services and materials produced and delivered.
D. Scope of Work:
The consultancy supports media relations and other institutional communication. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Communication Specialist, the full-time Media Relations Consultant will function as a press and communication officer, contributing significantly to media relations, as well as writing, editing, and/or coordinating communication content, such as stories, press releases, op-eds, statements, media lines, speeches, advocacy materials, etc.
E. Description of Assignment and Deliverables
The Media Relations Consultant will deliver the following media relations, communication, and advocacy services and products:
· 12 media relations products/packages produced and/or edited, including press releases, statements, media advisories, key messages, reactive lines, Q&As, and speeches;
· 6 media events or press management/networking events supported;
· 12 rapid media analyses provided, including based on media monitoring;
· 24 media requests/queries managed;
· 12 internal communication requests managed;
· 6 other publication-ready assets delivered, including but not limited to human interest stories.
Compensation and Other Benefits
F. Reporting requirements
Consultancy is office hours attendance based and Officer is expected to work all workdays during the consultancy period. Delivery and attendance are to be captured in a detailed monthly report.
G. Consultancy Cost
The consultant will get BDT 175,000 per month as a consolidated package based on education and experience. For payment by E-Zone on due time, the Supervisor will forward the certified attendance sheet and confirmation of receiving expected deliverables for the respective period.
H. Administrative issues
ü The standard work arrangement will be office-based in the Communication section in UN AGENCY Bangladesh offices in Dhaka and according to UN AGENCY Bangladesh office hours. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and upon prior and mutual agreement between the Officer and the consultant, teleworking arrangements may also apply.
ü For travel assignments outside Dhaka, applicable DSA at UN AGENCY standard rate and travel cost at actual in the invoice period. Due to the nature of their work the consultant will be provided with a laptop and UN AGENCY email ID.
I. Profile Requirements Qualification Skills:
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Two years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Fieldwork experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Detail-oriented, creative, and able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Experience with issues related to child rights.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding and use of social media tools and platforms.
- Understanding and knowledge of the UN AGENCY's work are desired, and experience working in the United Nations is a plus.